Emily Blewett, RN, BSN, CLC
Founder and Consultant
During nursing school, I fell in love with the NICU! It is a place filled with the tiniest footprints, love, tears, hope, hugs, and gratitude. One of my favorite parts of working in the NICU is supporting, encouraging, and empowering families throughout their NICU journey. It is such a rewarding job to see families adapting to meet the needs of their babies, and see them gain confidence as they learn and grow. I love that I get to continue to support and encourage families outside of the NICU now as a @momsoncall consultant.
When I became a mother, I remember feeling completely overwhelmed and exhausted. They send you home from the hospital with this new baby that you just gave birth to; and you have to care for that precious little one 24/7. Every mother can relate to that feeling of being in over your head (I sure can). When Harper was 6 weeks old, I found Moms on Call. It has been a huge blessing to our family! It empowered us as new parents and gave our family (and marriage), the best gift ever…sleep. Harper has been sleeping through the night since she was 12 weeks old (and still is a great sleeper). As a result of Moms on Call positive impact on my journey through motherhood, I became a consultant to empower other mother’s alike.
1. We believe that parents are the best ones to make decisions on behalf of their children, and we find it an extraordinary privilege to partner with parents in this amazing adventure.
2. We believe that children are STRONG, ADAPTABLE AND RESILIENT. And we will send that message to parents over and over.
3. We believe in parenting out of truth and not out of fear. We will not be found fear mongering to get any desired result.
4. We will provide a voice of hope and encouragement. We will never shame, insult or demean another human being for making choices that are different than ours.
5. We are here to help parents feel safe and confident regardless of religion, race, sex, gender, exclusivity of breast-feeding, dedication to bottle-feeding, etc. At Moms on Call, parents are parents—period.
6. We, at Infant Basics and Toddler Training, are Christians. We are who we are everywhere that we go. This simply means that we do our best to treat people with warmth, compassion, acceptance and wisdom that is greater than ours.
7. We do not “market” ourselves. We do not offer incentives for stellar recommendations or good ratings on social media. Every testimonial is organic, authentic and unsolicited.
8. We are not a ‘Large Corporation’ we are a small business started by two women who wanted to make a change in the world of parenting. We just wanted to make it easier so parents could enjoy their babies and toddlers even more.
9. We believe that our differences make us better. We realize that we are not the right fit for every parenting style. We also believe in the value of having a variety of parenting styles.
10. We believe that our job is to serve our clients to the best of our ability.
Photo by Milana Mia Photography