Emily Blewett RN, BSN, CLC
Certified Moms on Call Baby and Toddler Consultant
Certified Lactation Counselor
I am a specialized nurse in a Level IV NICU at St. David’s Medical Center in Austin, Texas, with over 6 years of clinical experience. I found Moms on Call when my daughter, Harper Moon, was 6 weeks old and it brought me from sleep deprived and overwhelmed, to feeling confident and rested! Now Harper is 3 years old (still a great sleeper), and Moms on Call continues to guide me through those challenging days with a toddler. As a result of Moms on Call positive impact on my journey through motherhood, I became a consultant to empower other mother’s alike. I founded Infant Basics and Toddler Training, LLC to pursue my passion in educating families to feel better equipped and encouraged to raise their precious little one(s). We believe parents are the best decisions makers for their families. I love coming along side families to establish healthy feeding and sleeping habits to help families have more time to enjoy life as a family feeling more rested.
1. We believe that parents are the best ones to make decisions on behalf of their children, and we find it an extraordinary privilege to partner with parents in this amazing adventure.
2. We believe that children are STRONG, ADAPTABLE AND RESILIENT. And we will send that message to parents over and over.
3. We believe in parenting out of truth and not out of fear. We will not be found fear mongering to get any desired result.
4. We will provide a voice of hope and encouragement. We will never shame, insult or demean another human being for making choices that are different than ours.
5. We are here to help parents feel safe and confident regardless of religion, race, sex, gender, exclusivity of breast-feeding, dedication to bottle-feeding, etc. At Moms on Call, parents are parents—period.
6. We, at Infant Basics and Toddler Training, are Christians. We are who we are everywhere that we go. This simply means that we do our best to treat people with warmth, compassion, acceptance and wisdom that is greater than ours.
7. We do not “market” ourselves. We do not offer incentives for stellar recommendations or good ratings on social media. Every testimonial is organic, authentic and unsolicited.
8. We are not a ‘Large Corporation’ we are a small business started by two women who wanted to make a change in the world of parenting. We just wanted to make it easier so parents could enjoy their babies and toddlers even more.
9. We believe that our differences make us better. We realize that we are not the right fit for every parenting style. We also believe in the value of having a variety of parenting styles.
10. We believe that our job is to serve our clients to the best of our ability.
Photo by Milana Mia Photography